I have no idea what day it is.
Between being sick for two weeks, spring break, then having Monday off, and my husband also have two weeks off… it’s been a sea of days.
I’m just now having the strength/energy to catch up on everything that has fallen behind.
It is crazy how quickly things can pile up and how long it takes to overcome it. Rome may not have been built in a day, but surely it could be destroyed in one.
Some things I am thankful for:
- Take out. I am so thankful for people who make and sell food for those of us who are unable or unwilling to.
- Walk in Clinic. When your doc can’t get you in right away, being able to walk into a local clinic and get help, even if it is a bit more than your normal co-pay.
- Scheduled posts. I don’t use them here because of the nature of what I write about, but it was a blessing to have been ahead of the game for our ministry site. Those posts were written and scheduled before the first sign of illness headed my way. I didn’t feel stressed to get something written.
- Understanding kids. Bless these kids for being understanding and not whining when some of our Spring Break plans went awry.
- Medicine. Because sometimes you need more than just orange juice and rest.
- Perspective. When you are sick, and have to bow out of a lot of things, you really see what is most important.
I’ll be happy when I’m 100% better, that doesn’t mean I am going to return to 100% of the things that filled my schedule. This spring, I need to do some pruning.